Saturday, December 27, 2008

A very very long trip to Arizona...

Although we were very excited and anxious for the move to Arizona, it turned out to be one of the worst trips that we have ever taken!!! Of course the snow started to fall on Friday, December 12th, I guess it just couldn't wait one more day! We were scheduled to leave on Saturday, and so we stuck with our plans and thought that we would just drive right out of the storm. Oh man, were we wrong!!! I think that the storm followed us that whole day, all the way to St. George. It should have taken us about 8-9 hours to get there, but it took us 14 1/2 hours, might I add, a very long 14 1/2 hours!!! Most of the time we were going between 30 and 35 mph because the storm was so bad and visibility was awful. Jon's dad drove the Uhaul and Jon drove the jeep pretty much the entire day. They did so good and pushed their way through the awful drive. About two hours before we hit St. George (our stop for the night) Jon got really sick and almost passed out while driving! Scary!!! So we pulled over and I drove the remainder. It was probably one of the most scary things that I have ever had to do! All I could do was follow the brake lights of the Uhaul (that was the only thing that I could see) and keep a prayer in my heart that we would be safe. Unfortunately we witnessed at least 15 accidents that day, many involving at least 3 cars. We also lost the bumper on my car that was being pulled behind the Uhaul, due to too much force of snow hitting the inside of it. When we finally made it to St. George we were so relieved to be there we had to go get ice cream! Ice cream always makes me feel better! I don't think that I have ever had more to be thankful that night. The next day was so much better, we were finally out of the snow and the sun was even shining! We also got to stop and see Jon's Grandfather on the way. But it was so exciting and relieving to get to Arizona and arrive at my parent's house!

Our Uhaul and Car (Sunday, the better traveling day!!!)


Very dirty car, with no bumper and still some snow...


Jon and his Grandfather


Arizona!!!

3 comments:

Fritters said...

I'm glad you guys made it safely, for heaven's sake!! see ya soon!

Shaylen said...

Dang that is crazy! I am sorry about your horrible trip. I am glad that you made it safely though.

Stacey said...

Didn't you realize that this was all a sign that you weren't supposed to leave us!!!!????

-Cody-